The Whiplash Prevention Initiative announces a British Columbia-wide contest, challenging film and TV post-secondary students, secondary school students and seasoned professionals to submit a short video raising awareness about whiplash prevention.
Contest Period: February 1st 2013 - March 1st 2013
The purpose of this video contest is to increase awareness about the importance of adjusting your head restraint effectively to reduce whiplash injuries arising from rear-end car collisions.
The Whiplash Prevention Video Contest Timeline
- Submissions: February 1, 2013 – March 1, 2013
- Online Voting: March 3, 2013 - March 10, 2013
- Winners announced: March 25, 2013
HOW TO SUBMIT
Submit your Entry Form
Upload your Video
Contestants must submit an Entry Form as well as submit a video in order to qualify for prizes. We recommend you submit your Entry Form early to show your intent to submit a video.
- Professional Judging: There will be a team of judges from newspaper, broadcast media, film/video production schools, teen media, advertising and road safety organizations.
- Popular Vote: On March 3rd, we will launch a public online voting system for the Whiplash Prevention Campaign Contest videos. Contest participants will be responsible for promoting their video and collecting votes. The video to receive the most votes will be awarded an iPad mini.*
*Note: the online voting portion of this contest is a separate prize section and will not affect which videos are shortlisted for the judge's panel.
See a List of Judges and read the Judging Criteria
SOCIAL MEDIA BLITZ
To encourage viewing of finalist entries a social media blitz will be occur toward the end of March.
Additional Contest Resources